Tuesday, 23 April 2013

New beginnings and review of MesmerEyez contact lenses

Been a while since i've been here, but now i'm back with renewed vigor and new hair ;D Yes i am now blonde, though the final shade is still to be created. Going from Blue black to white blonde takes a while and isnt something anyone should rush.

I recently bought 3 sets of coloured contact lenses by the British company MesmerEyez .
Their main online shop is - http://www.colouryoureyes.com/ and there is a link to their facebook page on that site. They have a HUGE range of lenses from natural style ones to change the colour of your eye to special effects lenses for halloween or cosplay. The 3 i bought were all colour change lenses although one pair was to be for a cosplay i'm doing.

To start with this is my natural eye colour - a sage green colour, very cool toned green.

All lenses came in sealed blister packs within a cardboard box.They came with a case and I also received all in one solution to keep them clean and lubricated.
The first set i'll review is the Forest Green from their Natural Blendz range. (click to enlarge image. If you have Chrome you can enlarge image further by opening image in new tab. Same for all images on here)

I have naturally green eyes but i wanted a lense that would accentuate what i have naturally. These work really well at that as the dark outer ring gives a slight unusual look to my eyes. They add a little warmer green aspect to my natural colour but nothing dramatic. I don't know how these would look on other eye colours but the Natural Blendz are for a subtle change to the eye colour. I wore these after soaking them in solution over night (always do this, never wear them straight from the pack!) and the lenses are incredibly comfortable to wear. I forgot i had them in.

The next set are Violet in the Illusionz range. This range is a dramatic change and gives the illusion of bigger eyes (like the asian circle lenses, just not as big i found)
I LOVE these lenses. I've always wanted good purple lenses that hide enough of my green eye to not look too weird (previous lenses gave me a half purple /half green eye!) Obviously you can see some of my green colour showing in the inner circle but not enough that it stands out from a distance. I had many compliments whilst wearing these lenses. I wore them for 6 hours after soaking them over night in solution and again, were very comfortable to wear. They did make my iris look slightly larger but it wasn't overly anime in scale compared to some of the asian lenses. These i think would work on any colour eye.

The last pair are the Royal Blue from the Illusionz range

Same style of lenses as the Violet. A very strong royal blue shade that look very similar to the Violet and only really show up as blue on camera. Same effect of making the iris look larger. These would work on any colour eye.
The only problem with these was they dried my eyes, i had to keep using eyedrops every hour or so to keep them comfortable. I always follow the same regime with new lenses - Inspect case to see if there is any damage (no damage) remove each lense and let soak in case with cleansing solution over night. when wearing, make sure hands, especially fingers are totally clean, dry and have no fluff on them. Make sure lenses are right way round when worn. I did all this but no matter what i did with these lenses they felt the same when worn. I've contacted MesmerEyez and they have offered a replacement, which is great,as i dont think i can wear these again and certainly not for the cosplay i had planned, so we shall see how that goes.

All in all i do like this company. It's nice to have a British company with such a huge range of lenses and good customer service. I will be buying more from them in the future as there are a few other lenses that look interesting.
I hope this review is helpful to anyone searching for photos of these lenses actually on the eye and what they really look like. All contact lense companies seem to use photoshopped images of the lenses which doesnt help much when choosing which would work on different coloured eyes. I do like that MesmerEyez include photos of customers wearing the lenses they have bought, though not ever lense has that, I think a photo of the actual lense in the case (like i have here) is also very useful in seeing how opaque the lense is or what kind of pattern or how big the inner clear centre is. All these i look at when choosing lenses. I have quite a collection of contact lenses and i think i might do a master post of all of them to show how they actually look in real life.

2 comments:

Sheila A said...

Hi, I wanted to buy this brand of lenses but I can't find the right informations on their site, can you tell me what is the diameter and the base curve radius of these lenses?
Thank you

Sakara said...

Hi, i'd contact them, they'd be able to give the correct info. Either their main site or their facebook messaging as ive contacted them and they've been very helpful.